1. E-books are extremely difficult to purchase. Which is ridiculous since we are the perfect market for that! The bookstores here are very limited in their selections. They never have the racy pop-culture books that would help us to keep up on our home cultures, so we feel left out! E-books would be the perfect solution, but they’re so not. In order to use her e-reader, my friend had to do this ridiculous work around where she bought gift cards and sent them to herself and it’s just ridiculous.
2. Can’t get my free credit monitoring from Target. I complained about this and the customer service person was like “our website blocks suspicious ISPs.” And I’m like “bitch, what did you say about my ISP?”
3. I can’t get things delivered to me. Like if I find something super cute on Etsy, I couldn’t have it delivered to me. Even the Amazon drones can’t make it here. Thus I refuse to ever even think about going to websites that sell things. I would probably die of longing. It’s like window-shopping when I have zero money. (Except I have money and I want to spend it on the most perfect things and I can’t!) (As a side note, there are local websites that I can get delivery from. So I’m talking American websites.)
4. Websites automatically show up in Arabic. Like Google. Do you know how difficult it is trying to maneuver Google when it’s backwards and the navigation at the top is in Arabic? Do you know the Arabic word for images? I sure don’t. I also downloaded Chrome onto one of the computers at work and it showed up in Arabic. It is very, very difficult to change the language of a program when everything is in a language you don’t know!
5. Porn. Thankfully, there are plenty of ways to work around blocks on websites. Amen.